Monday, January 30, 2006

Nolle Prosequi

I'm slowly getting my pics downloaded and blogged. Put up some surf pics yesterday, and plan to finish Istanbul and Tim's wedding tonight. That should do it, until I hit the road again.

And I have the travel bug bad. Heading to Sydney in a few weeks. I still haven't heard from my buds down there ... hopefully my emails are getting through. And I just wasted my lunch hour plotting out where to go next. One benefit of state work is, I get plenty vacation time. I don't think I've ever had this much. Or if I did, I had it but it was illusory, & impossible to take.

No more. This kid is ready to see the world. Summer I have my sister's wedding in Asheville, and I'll pull a week in New York [and hopefully Fire Island] before or after. And in the fall ... who knows. Right now the fantasy is Mexico. Hollis mentioned doing a road trip around Puerto Vallarta or Cancún in the fall ... and that was all I needed to hear to start fantasizing and budgeting vacation hours. Today's vision: a week road trip around Jalisco, then wrap-up at Latin Fever 9 in Puerto Vallarta. Maybe I'll finally learn some Spanish.

Of course, two days ago I was picturing Mayan ruins and the Playa del Carmen outside Cancún ...


And I've got a new favorite word... Nolle Prosequi. It's Latin for Michael doesn't have a warrant out for him.

No comments: