Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Three for Three

Rudy, Jerry, Ramos, Jake, MC, Dave

I raced Ke`ehi this past weekend, and we placed second for Masters. This time there was actually some competition this time, so even though Team Kanaktion Golden Masters (50+) kicked our butts, we beat plenty in our division. Besides, the Kanaktion men were all these huge, Hawaiian-warrior types. They'd kick anyone's butts. This race was a lot easier than Pokai - less wind, less chop, and - I think, though I'm not sure - a few miles shorter. It was still hard as hell, I still had plenty of pre-race anxiety, and I still thought why do I think I can do this? and how am I going to finish? at roughly the 1/4 mile mark.

But I did survive, and felt pretty good about it. Sure I went home and slept for fifteen hours & missed David's party at Piranha Room. It was still worth it.

This morning the Neighborhood Board results came in. I was tied for top vote-getter in our subdistrict .... we each got five. But it's a win, and I'll take it.

I'm getting kind of used to this. One day soon I'll be in a real competition and this little rock-and-roll can't stop the man streak will end with a big thud. Until then, I'll enjoy the trophies!

After sleeping most of the rest of the weekend, I met up with Gary and Don, his (not so new any more) man at Hulas. It was a good night, and it was nice to reconnect.

No comments: