Friday, September 01, 2006

Rafting

It's Day One of my sister's wedding. Yesterday was a bit rough - I was still jet lagged, and I forgot how loud kids can be. Fatigue and screaming rug rats are a rough combination. Luckily there was a lot of whiskey around.

It was raining this morning, and a bit cold, but we kept to the plans of going white water rafting on the French Broad. It was hella fun. The other rafts used the professional guides, but we decided to go without for ours. It seemed like it would be a bit more of an adventure, yeah? I volunteered to guide, mostly because I wanted to flirt a bit more with the pros. I didn't bother to tell my raft-mates that I had never actually been in a raft before until we were already past the first rapids and it was too late to switch. So given that, I think we did pretty well.



I uploaded the rest of the photos on photobucket.

No comments: