Things don't get much cooler than this. If the US automakers had any soul they would be spending the bailout money on building these for us. The stats:
In “fly mode” the car will have:
- a take-off speed of 60 kmph
- a top speed of 110 kmph
- a range of 300 km.
- a cruising altitude of 2000 – 3000 ft
- a maximum altitude of 15,000 ft.
In "road mode" the car will have:
- independent 4 wheel suspension
- rear wheel drive
- acceleration from 0-100 kmph in 4.5 seconds
- a top speed of 180 kmph
- a range of 400 km.
Of course I want one, but the best we can do now is get a parajet Volution for 5950 pounds. That's a bargain, given that a frikkin' stand-up surf board is 1200 US, plus 250 for the paddle.