Monday, March 17, 2008

A Venti Bladder

As a rule, I don't work weekends and I don't stay late at work. Or rather, I stay late all the time, but generally in proportion to how late I arrive in the morning (which means, I stay late every day pretty much).

But tonight I'm screwed. At issue: Major reports that I need to write properly, because anyone can lead to a lawsuit. I've been watching the lawyers, and think I can write an air-tight (or lawyer-proof) recommendation ... but it takes time. And I was already pressed for time when we got the memo that our due date was being bounced up by two days thanks to Good Friday and Prince Kuhi`o Day.

I'm screwed. So tonight I'll be pulling an all-nighter, just like in the good ole days.

Only, this time I'll do without the stockpiled food and coffee and cigarettes that used to get me through the night. I have a collection of tuna lunch packs, and that will be my food. There are about twenty coffee beans left, and I'll grind those for a few precious cups of java. And I haven't smoked in a long time, and won't start now.

And there's no bathroom here. That's the major issue. I've been using Starbuck's cups out of desperation, and surreptitiously going outside to dump them in the bushes. And that's how I learned that my bladder is almost exactly the size of a venti Americano.

No comments: