Sunday, September 11, 2005

Opah Opa!













I would open a restaurant just so I could put that on the menu. I was experimenting with Opah [moonfish] and ouzo, and came up with this. I think that next time I would add a bit more citrus - maybe some orange and lemon zest - and not burn off so much of the ouzo. It was tasty. But then again, opah is one of my favorite fishies.

Moonfish Saganaki
or Opah Opa!

Season 3/4 pound opah with salt, pepper, lemon juice, and oregano.

Saute 2 Tbs diced onion, a bit of habanero, and a small clove of garlic in olive oil. Add fish, and fry on both sides. Add 1/3 cup ouzo. Spread lots of feta on top of the fish. Bring to a boil. Cover pan to melt cheese. Uncover, then ignite.

Stand back.

Scramble to put out fire. Check ceiling for burn marks. Garnish with stuffed olives [I used citrus stuffed haikidiki]. Serve, and eat.

No comments: