Tuesday, July 08, 2008

400 Days

Just got this email from one of the guys I paddle with:
hey people! Sorry, I cant make it this sunday. For those of you who dont know, I got activated to get deployed to Iraq for 400 days yet again and I start the saturday b4 this race. It was short but definitly sweet meeting everyone and paddling w/ u folks. Thank you guys for making it a even better season for me. Hope to see everyone in 400 days. Paddle hard, Paddle strong, and paddle with ur heart! Take care and God Bless!
400 days. Which means he will be ripped out of this life - again - and if he survives he'll be returned in the middle of August, 2009.

This is the war that America bought into. This is the war our politicians are too cowardly to get us out of.

This war was a choice this country made. We can choose to end it.

No comments: