Thursday, February 07, 2008

Ripped Force

Something in this drink kicked my ass. Again.

From the website:

** Caffeine (as caffeine anhydrous) ** Bitter Orange Extract (citrus aurantium) (fruit) (standardized for synephrine, n-methyltyramine, hordenine, tyramine, and octopamine) ** Octopamine (as octopamine hydrochloride) ** Evodia Extract (Evodia Rutaecarpa) (fruit) (standardized for evodiamines) ** Grapefruit Powder (fruit) ** Guarana Extract (Paullinia cupana) (seed) (standardized for caffeine) ** Coleus Forskohlii Extract (coleus forskohlii) (root) (standardized for lorskolin) ** Kola Nut Extract (cola acuminata) (seed) (standardized for caffeine) ** L-Tyrosine - 250mg

I don't even know what most of that is. There's no ephedra or ma haung, and as much caffeine as two and a half shots of espresso (that's a sleeping pill to me, as in: nothing).

I do know that I had a killer, full-body, 2-hour session at the gym last night. It's what I wanted and needed; I can only lift twice a week, so I need to do it hard when I do. But damn. I spent a couple hours last night mixing music, too wired to sleep, and today feel hung over. I tried to read over lunch, and could barely make it through a chapter.

Which is pretty much what happened last time I tried this drink.

No comments: