Sunday, August 28, 2005

Cucumber, Yogurt, and Feta Salad

It's official - I'll arrive in Mykonos October 3rd, and stay until the 9th. My plan is for Dawn and I to cook most meals at Sumner's villa, and so I've been collecting Greek recipes on tribe.net.

I jumped the gun today. I wanted to bring something to Kurt and Arnold's Cohabitation Barbecue [my words, not theirs], and figured a nice cucumber salad would go with the grilled foods.

The picture makes everything look like it's dripping [or oozing], but it actually tastes nice and fresh. The procedure:

  • Peel five cucumbers, and slice super thin. Mix with 1 T sea salt, and set in a colander to drain for an hour..
  • Make a dressing of yogurt [homemade], sour cream, and feta cheese. If the yogurt isn't tart enough add some vinegar or lemon juice. Season with 2 cloves minced garlic and some chopped chives. I would've added mint, but all mine has died back.
  • Mix it all together, and chill for an hour.

I'm bringing a Cascinetta Vietti Moscato d`Asti. It's a little bubbly, low in alcohol, and super sweet - a total girly wine. This is to wine what double mocha frappuccinos are to coffee; theoretically they're in the same family, but they probably wouldn't be seen together out in public. But I've been good today, and I want candy.

1 comment:

MC said...

Sure - let me know how it works out!