Friday, August 19, 2005

Surf's (not) Up

Woke up early to hit the suf. It's been a long time - maybe months - since I've been out. Surf Report say it's only one foot swell, it's raining, and it's a holiday weekend; that's three strikes against the day. But I'm going out anyway.

I'm much more clear headed this morning. I'm still a bit shocked that I was replaced so quickly. And a bit miffed about all the drama. But there's always a bright side: I'm keeping his board until I hear otherwise. After ours were stolen last year [mine, and the nice one I bought him for his birthday] he saved to get new ones. And got himself a decent one. And me a ratty heavy thing all water-logged and full of holes. I never did manage to repair all the cracks in it, and one of the reasons I haven't been on the water is that my board was so mediocre.

I didn't buy a new one because ... well ... I kept buying him nice things with my excess money. I haven't had four extra bills in awhile. And I certainly don't have much to show from him - only his things that he couldn't carry with him, and things I bought him that don't fit in his new condo. So I'll keep what I like, and the rest gets boxed this afternoon.

Off to surf.

No comments: