Friday, August 19, 2005

That Kind of Day

Well. The plan was wake up, hit the surf, clean my apartment, then meet the guys for a second evening surf and barbecue at Pu`u Ikena. And it almost happened that way.

Surf was flat at Canoes, and there were choke people in the water, but it felt good to be out again. Spent a good part of the afternoon afterwards talking to my folks. Then I decided it was time to get a digital camera. Went to CompUSA, got one I liked ... and then my van's starter died. Called Triple-A for a rescue. The guy helped me push-start the van. I had to swallow the macho for a bit and admit that I had no idea what people mean when they say "pop the clutch." So I pushed the van, and he popped my clutch.

Ended up getting home late, and biked to the park. It was a very good and refreshing evening. When it was time to leave I doscovered I had a flat - damn kiawe thorns. So I hitched a ride back with Kevin and Frank, and I'll worry about fixing it - and cleaning the house - tomorrow.

I have no idea how to format pics on eblogger, so these are kind of randomly assorted. I only managed to get half the guys in the pics, but it's not bad for the first day with a new camera, and shooting in the dark.




No comments: