Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Countdown

It's 6:30 pm. I haven't watched the tv, listened to the radio, or read news online since yesterday. I'm not ready to face the results of this election. There won't be any local surprises, and I'm resigned to living with Lingle, Akaka, and Hirono - but nationally ... I feel almost physically ill sometimes when I listen to the U.S. right wing. It's beyond disgust now. At this point in time the national Republican party has become morally reprehensible. I almost wish I believed in a Judgement Day, just so that I could watch them all burn.

Anyways, I'm about to log in and find out what's happening this election day. I have no faith, and I am scared about what the results will show. Either way, I think I'll need a drink. Innocence is going to end right after this next shot of bourbon ...

No comments: