Thursday, November 30, 2006

Shoot the Hipsters

I went to the bookstore yesterday, and the Hawaiian version of Santa Baby drove me out of the store before I could buy anything. Later, my coffee shop assaulted me with their latest Hipsters' Martini Lounge Christmas

I used to like this kind of music. No more. It's been done. Played out. It's over. I don't want to hear one more single cutesy remake of any Holiday Song. I know I've been guilty of this in the past - I have a shelf full of everything from Christmas on the Bayou to Techno-Noel to It's Snowing in Harlem. No more. I apologize to those I've hurt with this kaka in the past, and I promise to make amends. This year will be different. Give me Beethoven or give me death.

Apart from the music, I'm actually a bit ahead of the game. I got all my shopping done in Mexico. I'll make cookies or something for the gang at work. Apart from that, I'll cook for the surf gang in Pupukea, and I need to stock my bar ahead of Hau's party. And that, I think, will be it. It's going to be a low stress Christmas ... provided I don't have to listen to any more crap music.

No comments: